Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Freeform Class to run this weekend


If any of my local knitting and crochet friends are interested in learning something about freeform knit and crochet, I'm teaching a workshop this Sunday the 16th from 5:00 - 8:00 at Cozy. It's such a fun and addictive technique! So far, I've used freeform mostly for bags and purses. The picture above is my current work in progress--using freeform crochet and knit to cover an old purse from Goodwill! When I use an existing purse for my base, I don't have to sew a lining or pockets, and it already has a handle. In this case, I will replace the handle because I don't like it, but normally it's not an issue.
In Sunday's workshop, we'll get some hand's-on experience with freeform techniques, and we'll talk about ways to use freeform pieces to create one of a kind projects. Please contact me if you have any questions, and please contact Cozy at 919-286-3400 if you're interested in signing up for the workshop. Join the fun!

No comments: