Saturday, September 15, 2007

market bag

Here's a quick project--it's the market bag from the Classic Elite website. The pattern is free, and it takes just 2 balls of Provence, a mercerized cotton. Here's the link: http://www.classiceliteyarns.com/pattern_detail.php?patternID=30


It's been a fun couple of days for knitting. Finishing a pillow and the bag in one day is exciting! Now I'm going to finish a few pairs of socks so that I can move on to new projects.
More details about other projects you can see in the photo: the orange purse is Margaret's felted bag pattern knitted in 220, the pink sweater is a Cindy Walker easy baby sweater knitted in Tessin, and the blue shawl is Margaret's Vine Lace Shawl pattern knitted in Colinette Mohair. All patterns and yarns can be found at Cozy in Durham.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yummy market bag; I may *need* one too... I think I missed you at the GY yesterday--waaaaa!!!

Anonymous said...

Darn! I looked at that bag but didn't know the pattern was free with yarn purchase. Next time....

Pirk said...

The bag is great, I think I should make one, too.

I love your swirls: they are so exciting!

Thanks for posting a comment on my blog.

Kirsten Thompson ECC said...

Could you "dummy-proof" the website where the Market Bag pattern is please? I've been googling for a pattern like that and ran across your blog and this bag and I think "it's the one!"

I typed in classicelite.com and got a vague site so I'm not sure I did it right. Thanks so much!

kirsten
Eye Candy Creative
Jewelry Designer with a new addiction to knitting

Lisa Carney said...

Hi Kristin,
I added the link to the blog text, but here it is again just in case:
http://www.classiceliteyarns.com/pattern_detail.php?patternID=30
The site www.classicelite.com isn't the company's site, they use www.classiceliteyarns.com. I'll bet people go to the other one all the time! Hope you like the pattern, I thought it was a really good one.

Lisa Carney said...

Kirsten,
I just noticed that I got your name wrong before--sorry for the goof!
Lisa