Friday, March 23, 2007

button advice

It's a rough shot, but I'm too impatient to wait until this is completely finished to take a picture. The color is not true, but it's not too far off. There's more rosy purple in this sweater. Also, I'm having trouble with the crochet edging laying flat. I'll probably do it over, this time with fewer stitches.

But what about the buttons? They are hand made pottery buttons, purchased a few years ago from a local artist at the Eno Festival. They pick up the lighter colors in the yarn, and I like the triangle shapes. Any opinions? Would rounder and darker look better?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like the ceramic buttons. And you know how much I love the colors...

gray la gran said...

i say pick either 1)aesthetic, or 2) practicality (sp?) ...
i like how they look ... but i wonder if they might break or require special wash instructions. but, you know ... moms are so pampered ;) make that mom handwash!
ps. i'm feeling feisty today.

Anonymous said...

You ALWAYS find the greatest buttons!! My only concern is how they would be on a very active child......easily broken?
The sweater is beautiful. :-)

Lisa Carney said...

I found more buttons, and these are plastic. And very cool. And slightly glittery. I'm finishing the sweater tonight and will probably post it tomorrow. Thanks for the votes!