Saturday, March 31, 2007

Freeform tote bag


I'm not sure how long it's taken me to finish this bag, but I know I've had these freeform pieces for at least 5 or 6 years. They were going to be part of a sweater, but I decided that it was just a bit much for a garment. Recently, Agent Gray helped me decide to turn them into a bag.


Suddenly, yesterday became The Day That The Bag Would Be Finished. And it is. Like always when something is finally done, I wonder why I didn't just do it sooner.



The timing is good, though, because I'll get to take it as a sample for the freeform class I'm teaching tomorrow night at Cozy.
Particulars: Freeform is from cottons and acrylics, many of them novelties and variegated. The bag is ready made denim found at Michael's.

4 comments:

Marsosudiro said...

Pretty and cool! And nice use of Randy's pickets!

gray la gran said...

COOL! it's fabulous!!! i look forward to seeing it in person :)
do you also have one of those mesh bag forms? i have one to (someday) do some prudence thingies and embellish.

Mary said...

Love that bag -- gorgeous! My friend Robin took your class -- looking forward to reading about her experiences. I'll bet it was a blast. I'd love to learn how to do that someday, but it appears to involve a lot of techniques (crochet, mitered squares, etc.) that I haven't yet learned.

Anonymous said...

So Pretty!!!! I also want to see it in person :)