Monday, June 25, 2007

spirals are fun!


Making the spirals has been fun, but putting the surface crochet on and sewing them together has been even better. I wasn't sure if I'd need to come up with a way to fill in between the spirals, but they seem to be going together just fine. I'll make a bunch of spiral scrumbles, then form them into round pillow shapes. I chose the colors from my stash to go with the denim/chambray colors of the dining room rug and table cloth, greens to match the paint color, and the other colors will coordinate with the many colors of Fiestaware that we have. It's a hodge podge, but I always say the more colors, the better!
By the way, the Jitterbug monkeys are still in progress. Ribbing is almost complete on the second monkey.


Last week my mom was visiting, and we did a great fused glass class at the Durham Arts Council. We made these 6 inch plates on Tuesday night and picked them up Wednesday afternoon from the kiln. Hers is on the left, and mine is on the right.
The class was a lot of fun, and we both recommend it to everyone. There are more classes this summer, taught by Sallye Coyle, a great teacher. Try it out!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The spirals look great.
The fused glass is exceptional!! You and your mom show great talent!
:-)

Anonymous said...

I like how the outer edge of the spirals become a hexagon-ish shape, whille the interior part is still a circular spiral shape--cool!!
(Henry approves ;)

The fused glass plates are neat-- looks like you and your Mom had a Great time :)