Monday, December 24, 2007

Christmas gift opened!

Hurray! I can finally post pictures of this project! This is the Modern Quilt Wrap from Mags Kandis' Folk Style. I used the Rowan Kidsilk Haze for 6 of the 9 colors, and the remaining 3 are Kidsilk Night (they have a little sparkle in them).
We had early Christmas in Wilmington, so my mom has opened it, liked it, and tried it on. It was a little discouraging to give it to her on a day that was 73 degrees, but colder weather is on its way. I've had pictures of it on Ravelry for a while, but couldn't post it here because my mom reads this blog. She agreed to let me take her picture for the blog, but from behind. Hope this isn't too much face, if it is, I'll take it out of the post!
While we were there, I made a few more little trees. The dark one is Manos, and the lighter one is Cotton Fleece with little pieces of my mom's tree decorations stitched on. So, her little tree coordinates with her big tree.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This wrap is absolutely beautiful!! I love it!!! Everyone who has seen it has loved and cannot keep their hands off it. It feels like a cloud. How fortunate I am to have such a talented and generous daughter. Thank you, my Lisa. :-)

Lisa Carney said...

Yay! She likes it!
You are very welcome, it was a lot of fun to make.

Pirk said...

Wonderful wrap, and Your mom looks very pleased (you can tell from the way she poses)
The little trees are adorable.