Thursday, December 20, 2007

holiday things

I wanted some easy projects to work on during the holidays, so I started another Luce scarf with Noro Silver Thaw. I knitted on it last night at the UNC mens' basketball game. Laura, it was during time outs and half time, I promise!

The blue Trekking is going to be Kathy Merrick's Boteh scarf from the Interweave Crochet Spring 2007 issue. I haven't gotten very far, but soon I'll be able to go on autopilot and just keep doing the repeats. I hope.












I love working on these little trees! I saw an ad for a crochet kit from knit pixie, but I figured that I could work these up on my own. One of the unfinished ones will have red beads instead of silver, one will have sparkly paillets, and the dark one will have crocheted snow. I doubled yarns so that these would go fast. About 30 minutes is all it takes!

BTW, the framed crochet behind the tree in my hand is a large pineapple doily made many, many years ago by Randy's great grandmother. Aren't we lucky to have such beautiful work in our house?!

No comments: