Tuesday, October 23, 2007

More workshop pics and some more finished socks

Finished Sockinas! Hooray! It's about time....








Here are Brandon's sample swatches from Saturday's workshop. Notice that I did not put them in the same post as my own swatch to avoid comparisons! I really like both of these swatches.






I fell in love with this scarf Saturday. It's made with the magic ball method. He told us about the project even though it's technically a different workshop, so we got a bonus. Basically, you tie odd lengths of yarn together to make your own variegated yarn, then you knit from it in the fair isle pattern and let the colors fall where they may. I'm going to try the method and make a bag at some point.
He also brought samples of sweaters from his newer book. Here's the cover sweater, and below, Brandon models one of the vests himself.

1 comment:

ChelleC said...

Looks like a fantastic workshop! I can't wait to see what you make with the Magic ball yarn you're making