Wednesday, February 7, 2007

trip to the Triad

Yarn crazed kitty reaches for new yarn! Luckily, no yarn was harmed.
I had few hanks to wind from my impromptu trip to the Triad area last week. It started in Burlington at Needleworks, continued in Greensboro at This And That. It's a small shop that packs in an awful lot of yarn and some jewelry, too. They had Colinette, Artyarns, various other yarns, and a nice selection of Cherry Tree Hill. I had already bought one hank of sock yarn at Needleworks, but This and That had variegated colors. I had no choice but to get this blue/purple hank.
Very subtle color changes, but more noticeable than the picture shows. It'll be a while before I knit with it, but it's going to be wonderful.
The trip continued with a visit to Stitch Point, where I didn't find anythng I had to have. But since it was only 1:00 or so, I decided to go on to Winston-Salem to visit KnitPicky and Much Ado About Knitting, which I've already mentioned a few days ago. KnitPicky was a very cute shop in an old house. One of the rooms was called the yarn lounge, great for classes and hanging out. The "dining room" was where most of the yarn lived, and the selection was lovely. I found a discounted kit for a felted poinsettia wreath from Pick Up Sticks. The kit contains directions, enough yarn for the project, and a plastic coated wire wreath form. I'd seen a similar project in a crochet magazine and liked it, so I snapped up this bargain.
It was a real luxury to spend a day visiting yarn shops. When I got home, I felt a bit guilty for all the little household things I should have done that day, so I did as many of them as I could very quickly in an hour. Made me feel better!

5 comments:

gray la gran said...

retail therapy is good medicine !

Anonymous said...

I LOVE CTH sock yarn! Did they have a pretty big color selection at This and That? (in need some serious retail therapy)

Lisa Carney said...

DK,
There were some lovely choices! If you get a free afternoon, I highly recommend it. And I can give directions!

Anonymous said...

Direct me!!!! :D

Lisa Carney said...

Dear Kitty, I don't have your email address, but I'll direct you via Agent Gray. Do send your address for future correspondence!