Friday, June 27, 2008

fresh stashbuster



On a recent trip to Bella Filati, the yarn shop in Southern Pines, the ladies showed me a really cool throw made with Tunisian crochet using many strands of yarn at once. I immediately bought the very large hook the project required, and drove home thinking of various possibilities.

I decided to start small with a pillow. It won't take long to work this up since the hook is about Q sized. It's a really nice wood hook, and it has a sturdy wire "tail" with a wooden knob at the end so that you can have enough stitches on there for a throw. Yarns that are in here so far are an unidentified grey sport weight wool, 2 different colors of Manos silk/wool blend, and a couple of unidentified ribbon yarns. This should work well on the new couch.




This technique is so easy and fun. I'm thinking of lots of projects already. Going through my stash mentally!

2 comments:

Feral Housewife X said...

WOW!!!

this looks really amazing!!!! are you still working on this project? (anxiously awaiting pics of the finished project)

Lisa Carney said...

Finished this one! I know it's posted on Ravelry, but can't remember if I posted it here on the blog. I really like the way it came out, and I still want to do more with the technique. If only there were more hours in the day!