Monday, June 2, 2008

tagged!

OK, I've been tagged by Patrice in Hawaii. It's taken me a long time to respond, but here goes:

1. What were you doing 10 years ago?
In 1998 I was living in Durham, just like now, but we had not bought a house yet. We lived in a rental on a quiet little street with really nice neighbors. I was teaching violin with a Suzuki program at a college, and doing a lot of the same freelance work that I'm doing now still! I was driving my cute little purple car. Of course, I was knitting a lot, but I hadn't gotten into freeform knitting and crochet.

2. Name 5 non-work things on your to-do list today.
-bank deposit
-answer emails
-pull a few weeds (this really should on the list every day)
-buy food for dinner
-put away the laundry

3. Snacks I enjoy:
Good grief, this could be a long list. Some favorites are popcorn, chips and salsa, and regular potato chips. In other words, salty stuff.

4. Things I would do if I were a billioniare:
Help anyone that needs it in my family, support my favorite charities, buy my favorite car and house (don't know what those are, but I'm sure I could figure it out!), and lots of travel.

5. Places I have lived:
As an adult, I've lived only in NC: Wilmington, Chapel Hill, and Durham.

6. Jobs I have had:
The obligatory fast food job as a teenager, frame shop, CD store. Currently teaching violin and viola, freelancing on violin and viola, teaching Music Together, and working in a yarn store.

7: People I want to know more about:
Rather than tag anyone else directly, I'll ask that anyone who is interested to please consider yourself tagged!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

My one big thing on the non-work "to do" list: get my butt to Honduras!

Also a general question: what constitutes "living" someplace? I've wondered that. If I travel some place for more than a month, is that living there, or is that just a long visit?

I kind of think that three months is "living" there. I think that's because three months is like a semester, and I think that kids who do a semester abroad should get to count it as "living" somewhere else.

Lisa Carney said...

Phil,
I think that you definitely get to count your travels. Any time you rent apartment space, you've "lived" there for sure!
I've gotten way behind on reading blogs--are you in Honduras yet?
Lisa