Sunday, June 29, 2008

pillow rescue



I knitted this pillow years ago when we moved into our house, and it was pretty plain and boring. Nice, but boring.

The Freeformations group on Ravelry has challenges every month for fun, and this month the name of the challenge was "lines." First, you draw a design with lines on paper (OK, I skipped that part. I do better making things up as I go along), then you transfer it to the surface of a knitted or crocheted fabric using beads, yarn, anything at all.

All month, I read the posts about the challenge, but hadn't planned to participate. But, this past Thursday it suddenly occurred to me that this pillow was the perfect canvas for the lines. I shopped for yarns in my stash, and got busy. I like doing surface crochet, so that's what I used. Now I like this pillow a lot more.

No comments: